Well here we are, 2013. Even my children said how quickly 2012 went.
I hope that you had an enjoyable evening, we went out for an early evening meal, then sat in watching TV, playing games and relaxing!
I also had the chance yesterday evening to catch up on some blog post reading, as we went away for a few days between Christmas and New Year, just getting back yesterday lunchtime.
We stayed here for 3 nights, it was truly lovely, and has been refurbished with the most beautiful palette of interior colours.
We walked along the beach here between Walmer and Deal and had a lovely pub lunch on Saturday.
So I decided today whilst tidying up and unpacking, that I would do tell you a bit about items that I have repurchased this year because they work for me.
I guess there are many other items that I am constantly using that I will repurchase once they are used up, but until then, here's a quick look at the what I have actually bought!!!
- Simple Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser: I have bought this several times throughout the year and it is not drying on my (dryish) skin at all. It washes all make up and mascara away beautifully and is inexpensive (I have been lucky to get it on offer several times in Superdrug) and suitable for sensitive skins too...If you want to try a good basic cleanser, try this.
- The Body Shop Spiced Pumpkin Bath and Shower Gel: This is one of those items that they only seem to wheel out at sale time, but it is always available then...strange. Anyway the whole family loves this and the scent now reminds me of skiing holidays, last year our whole apartment smelt of this for ages after we had our well deserved 'soak' in the tub after a hard days skiing!!!
- Dove Invisible Dry deodorant: Boring perhaps to know what deodorant I like, but this never leaves white marks on black clothes and works. It has a light scent that doesn't compete with my perfume choice du jour...
- Pureology Hydrate Shampoo: My fantastic and gorgeous hairdresser gave me some samples of Pureology shampoos and conditioners way back and I liked the richness of this shampoo, I first bought it in September. I have coloured treated long hair and this has really helped to stop the colour from fading or becoming brassy. You only need such a small amount of this product as it is really concentrated, so not as expensive as you'd reckon from using regular shampoos... I have also recently invested in the conditioner to match, so more about this in another post, me thinks....
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Face mist: I love this, it works summer and winter to make my skin feel fresh and soft before I moisturise. I can tell the difference if I (for some reason) forget to use this, which is rare. If you like a toner, but not the faff with cotton wool, try it. It's not expensive and lasts well...
- Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy: HG sticky primer. I USE THIS EVERY DAY. Amazing and the best there is, I use it beneath all eye make up on my lid, pressed or loose, though remember it's not suitable for matte shadows (which I cannot remember when I wore last).. Buy this if you have not already...
- Soap and Glory Hand Food: A surprising one, I was looking for a small tube of hand cream for my handbag, I like this because it sinks in quickly, smells lovely and again won't beak the bank. I have a F/S of this by my bed now...
- L'Oreal Gentle Eye make up remover: I have used this for years. It does not sting my eyes as some others do and is perfect if you need to remove and reapply quickly. The waterproof make up version of this is also excellent and needed in summer to remove those tenacious waterproof mascaras quickly and easily.
- Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara in Black: I have no idea if they still make this, I bought this one on ebay. I used to use this a couple of years ago on it's own, but at the moment I use it as a 'second coat mascara' due to the comb type wand it has, so I use a cloggy volumising mascara first then comb through with this.
- L'oreal False Lash Telescopic: I have tried all these telescopic mascaras and they are all pretty good, the closest I have come to using Definicils by Lancome (same parent company). If I needed to choose a single mascara to use for the rest of my days, this would be it.
- Garnier Roll on Anti Dark Circles: I cannot remember if this is light or extra light, they come in more shades now. This is an excellent product for the money and I wear this even if I am going for my run!!! Make up staple for me and I believe that many men have found this to be a great product for a natural under eye cover up...so get one for your other half! We won't tell!!! ;)
So there we are, if you are short on cash this month or feel the need to buy something tried and tested then give these products a go.
I'd love to hear what you think of them too!!!
Bye for now
Your BBFF xxxx