I know that my blogging has gotten down to a measly one-a-week level. I am in the final year at Uni and my work level is high to say the least...I don't want to take a break from blogging, but cannot manage to get round to more than a weekly post, sorry!!!
So today I wanted to tell you about the Mally 5 piece set that I bought on QVC. When we had all that snow two Sundays ago, I had a massive lie in and was flicking around the TV and came upon Mally on QVC.
Mally is a scream to watch, really entertaining, that's such a good trait when you are selling on QVC.
I have never tried Mally before, though had heard some good things on other blogs and seen some items on beautybroadcast.net, so decided to try this set, which had a couple of items that I was interested in trying. It seemed like amazing value, and of course with QVC, if you hate it, you can send it all back for a refund.
|Mally 5 piece set.|
This cost £22.32 (plus p+p) for 5 items of make up and a brush. It comes in a nice pink box, with a useful instruction leaflet, which I did read, it gives you tips on how to use the products, though you can access videos on QVC and Mally's own website.
The packaging of the items is nice though I thought that they could do with looking more like each other, why is there a green pencil, a white tube of mascara, pink box for the concealer and gold lid on the lipgloss? They don't look like they all come from the same brand...I guess I am more inclined to be interested in the performance than the cohesive aesthetics of the set, but I thought that I would mention it.
Bye for now!!!
Your BBFF xxxx
Before I went ahead to buy this, I did read some reviews on Makeupalley and QVC UK and US sites. There were some good and bad reviews, it's always going to be a mixed bag, but then decided that if the items were really awful that I would send them back!
Let's get on to the review:
Evercolor Shadow Stick in Taupe:
- this is a twist up stick of cream shadow, which has a smooth consistency.
- once applied it 'sets' in 30 seconds to give you day long wear.
- I love the colour, it's useful.
- it did not crease on me when I wore it alone, but the first time I wore it, with TFSI underneath it did crease...also you need less of this than you think.
- I would say that it's buildable and suitable to wear on it's own, but I like to pat a similar shade on top, to make a really lovely long lasting eye shadow that's easy to do.
I really like this item overall and would purchase more colours.
Evercolor Automatic Waterproof Eyeliner in Onyx:
- This is a twist up stick eyeliner which has a soft, smooth consistancy
- it is easy to apply to the upper lashline, and you can smudge it if you like,
- It has great pigmentation, a really black black...!
- it is amazing in the waterline, in fact better and longer lasting in the waterline than anything else I have used before.
I think that this is a great eyeliner, especially in the waterline, would happily own this in other colours.
Cancellation Concealer and brush:
- I wasn't sure about which colour to get of this and this is where I had to do research on which shade to choose, I went for light/ medium, which is perfect ( for reference NW20 and Bourjois 52 are my foundation shades).
- you need to practice on clean skin with this to know that you actually need less than you think of the product, which you can apply with the brush, then use your ring finger to 'smoosh' or blend the product, before adding the setting powder on top.
- it lasts well through the day. It's quite moisturising. I don't take it all the way across the under eye area, only where I have a little darkness.
A good product once you get to know that less is more and blend it properly. The powder seems to set the moisturising concealer and it lasts well and looks very natural. It didn't crease or settle into any fine lines, but again, you need to make sure that you don't use too much product.
Volumising Mascara: (I was really looking forward to trying this).
- This is an award winning mascara which has a traditional type of brush.
- It's a creamy formula, not too thin or thick, easy to apply and a good black black!
- I have found that this is a mascara that is really buildable, even several hours after first application, you can go back and add another coat! I have never been able to do that with a mascara successfully before as far as I can remember.
- It has not caused any sensitivity and is easy to remove.
- I have no problems with flaking, smudging, once it is on it stays put.
It gives me the best eyelashes that I have had for a long time. thick, long and generally amazing. I am really impressed with this mascara. I can see why it is sold in duo sets...I don't normally do mascara reviews because they are so subjective but if you want to try a new mascara, then try this!
I will definitely be repurchasing this mascara.
High Shine Liquid Lipstick:
- Small lipgloss with a brush type applicator,
- useful for the handbag (where mine has ended up)
- it has a pleasant scent
- a pretty colour on me, not massively long lasting but brightens up the face and makes your lips feel soft.
A good little lipgloss. I am not a lipgloss addict so I do not need to buy any more of these, but I have been using it a lot as it is a nice colour on me.
So there you go. I think that if you want to try a new mascara then this set offers a lot of additional goodies for the cost of a tube of Armani ETK or Dior Diorshow.
Of the 5 items the mascara is my favourite. The eyeliner is my second favourite item, a fantastic waterline eyeliner. The shadow stick is lovely especially when you pat another shadow on top, and the concealer a great product once you master the application and the lipgloss a happy 5th place, because it is a pretty colour!
Have you ever tried Mally cosmetics?
Have a great week...
Bye for now!!!
Your BBFF xxxx